Activation plays a very crucial role as without activating the Office Setup 2007, the users are not able to utilize the applications, services and servers involved in the office productivity suite. The process of Office activate could be completed either over the internet connection or through telephone. The users require the Office Product Key for activating the Office Setup on their device. This Office Product Key is made available to the users in either of the forms listed below, depending upon the method adopted by them for purchasing and downloading the Office Setup.
- In the form of order confirmation emails retrieved to the users’ email address at the time of purchasing the Office Setup via online method.
- In the inner circles of the CD pack involved within the box of Office Setup Offline pack purchased through nearby retail shops.
Sometimes the users may face some common errors while activating the Office Setup 2007 over the internet connection. Thus, the below information consists of some easy methods by which the users could easily troubleshoot the Office activation errors while activating using the internet connection.
As the activation error occurs on the device, an error message box is displayed on the screen that shows the error messages as shown below:
“Something went wrong”
The Activation Wizard is unable to find a connection to the internet. Please make sure that your connection is working properly and then retry activation in a few minutes.
Office Error Code 701099
“Something went wrong”
A communication error has occurred. Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Office Error Code 107098
The Office Activation Errors are generally caused due to the configuration of the internet connection for utilizing the proxy server that needs to be authenticated manually. Apart from this, the blocking up of the attempt made by the users to connect the server through internet connection also adds up to the occurrence of the Office Activation Errors.
By following the solution mentioned below, the users could easily resolve the Office Activation errors, manually:
Method 1: Choose telephone connection for Office Activation:
- Instead of choosing the “I want to activate the software over internet connection” option, go for another option on the Activation Wizard i.e. “I want to activate the software by telephone”.
- After this, click the “Activate” button and then, follow the on-screen instruction for continuing the process of Office activate.
Method 2: Activate the Office Setup 2007 in Safe Mode with Networking:
- Firstly restart the device in Safe Mode with Networking and then, make an attempt to activate the Office Setup 2007.
- For restarting the device in Safe mode, launch the start menu on the device by clicking the start button on the taskbar.
- And then, click the “Shut Down” option.
- As the shut down dialogue box appear on the screen, click the “Restart” option from the “What do you want the computer to do” drop down menu.
- After this, click the “OK” button.
- Now, hit the “F8” button on the keyboard, when the device is getting restarted for opening the boot menu on it.
- And then, on the boot menu, select the “Safe Mode with Networking” option.
- After this, hit the “Enter” key on the keyboard.
- Now, try to activate the Office Setup 2007 on the device by following the steps of Office activate detailed on www.office.com/setup.
After performing the aforementioned troubleshooting methods, if the Office Activation errors still persist on the device then, the users may call the toll free number to get an instant support.